I hope you all have a wonderful 3-day weekend! In an effort to keep you focused on your fitness goals, I’ve created a done-for-you workout you can do at home this weekend with little to no equipment. No need to think up what to do, I’ve done it for you!
Before I get to that, I’d like to make two important announcements………
1) Welcome to our newest campers Midge (Campbell boot camp) , and Marsha and Lea (Willow Glen FitCamp). Happy to have you come aboard mid-month, and so honored that you all have already committed to June camps!
2). Big congratulations to Jackie Michaelsen (Campbell boot camp instructor), as she graduates today from San Jose State University with a degree in Kinesiology. Way to go, Jackie!
Now, on to business at hand, your weekend workout……..
After a 3-5 minute warm-up, complete the following exercises. Rest 10-15 seconds between each pair of exercises:
- Push Ups – one set of 12-15
- Jumping Jacks – continuous for 1 minute
- Squats – one set of 12-15 (you can do jump squats if you want)
- Fast lateral shuffle – continuous for 1 minute
- Inverted row – one set of 12-15 (see photos at the end of this post)
- Walking lunges – continuous for 1 minute
- Dips – one set of 12-15
- “Quick feet” (think fast taps on a soccer ball) – continuous for 1 minute
Beginners: Do one full circuit of this workout. Intermediate and advanced exercisers, do 2-3 circuits of this workout.
Cool down, stretch and drink water after you’ve completed all your rounds–and pat yourself on the back for a job well done!
Note: If you have wrist or shoulder issues and you own exercise tubing, you can substitute chest presses for the push ups and triceps pull downs for the dips.
If you complete this workout, leave a comment here and let me know how it went. Also, let me know how long it took you. I think you’ll be surprised at how quick and efficient this workout is!
Here’s how to set up an inverted row with household equipment:
You can set this up using two chairs and a strong broom handle or thick wooden dowel.
Position yourself with your shoulders right underneath the bar. With your legs bent (easier) or straight (harder), pull your torso up toward the bar.
Enjoy your three day weekend!
Committed to your success,